More than 2,000 people from 92 countries responded to the latest ISTQB Worldwide Software Testing Practices Survey that covers several topics, ranging from organizational and budgetary aspects, to techniques/ processes/ tools, through skills and competencies. We think it provides useful information for all the professionals involved in the testing market, as well as direction for the further evolution of the ISTQB® scheme.
The most significant findings from ISTQB® Effectiveness Survey 2017-2018
- Main improvement areas in software testing are test automation, knowledge about test processes, and communication between development and testing.
- Top five test design techniques utilized by software testing teams are use case testing, exploratory testing, boundary value analysis, checklist based, and error guessing.
- Trending topics for the software testing profession in near future will be test automation, agile testing, and security testing.
- New technologies or subjects that are expected to affect software testing in near future are security, artificial intelligence, and big data.
- Non-testing skills expected from a typical tester are soft skills, business/domain knowledge, and business analysis skills.
iSQI is delighted to offer all of the ISTQB® certification portfolio exams globally, including through Pearson VUE. Exams can be easily booked through the iSQI shop at www.isqi.org – organisations seeking to purchase multiple exams for their teams contact us for information on how we can help you including for information on accredited training providers.